Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Menu Planning, Shopping and Programming

A few months ago I found a recipe website.  It contains a menu plan for 5 days, and it is a South African website so all the recipes contain ingredients that are supposed to be easy to find in our supermarkets.  I discovered that this is not always the case as I went to Checkers (Langenhoven Park) and couldn’t get some of the products needed for the recipe.  I went to Spar (Langenhoven Park) and found all the ingredients I couldn’t find at Checkers, except one.  That one ingredient is: KNORR Chicken Stock Pot.  Luckily the meal containing that ingredient is only being served on Friday so I’ll check out Pick ‘n’ Pay (Langenhoven Park) this evening for it.  I am a little annoyed that the biggest shop in Langenhoven Park didn’t have everything I was looking for, but the smallest shop had almost everything.

Now the question is, what is the website that contains meal plans for the work week? 

http://www.whatsfordinner.co.za 

I can only say good things about the websites content.  Although from a I.T. point of view there are 2 things I don’t like.

1. I don’t like the way the welcome and logout buttons are situated on the lovely curvy green line.  It messes with the flow and looks sloppy.  I would put them next to the My Profile button above the search bar.

KNORR Website

2.  I don’t like the fact that you have to enter your phone number to update your profile.  I would like to make my name and about me public, but I would want my phone number hidden from the public.  It appears as though it is an all or nothing when choosing to make a profile public.

As for the menu plan for my week ahead, it comes directly from the website and here it is:

Tuesday:  Country Sausage Hot Pot

Wednesday: Creamy Sweet Potato and Mushroom Bake

Thursday: Chicken and Veg Pasta

Friday: Prawn, Chicken and Pea Paella

I really enjoy cooking and I’m so happy when I am in a kitchen, but only as a necessity and hobby, I don’t think I would enjoy it as much if I was there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment