Cooking in my oven today is a potato bake. This is going to be taken to a Bring ‘n Braai at my good friend’s house tonight. She just moved into a new place and this is the first time she is hosting anything for friends. So I am taking around this dish to help out, it is a Bring ‘n Braai after all.
- 5 large potatoes, boiled in their jackets until nearly cooked (increase the number of potatoes if the potatoes are small)
- 250ml ( 1 cup ) cream
- 250ml ( 1 cup ) milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 packet of white onion soup
- 250ml ( 1 cup ) grated cheese (cheddar works the best)
- Peel the potatoes and slice into an ovenproof dish
- Mix remaining ingredients together, except the cheese
- Pour over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 180C for about 1 hour – the cream will have set and potato bake will be golden brown.
Serve with meat cooked on an outside grill and salads OR with a roast chicken and vegetables.