Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday News: Movies Galore

My friend came to visit on Monday and we has such a lovely day together.  We played on the Nintendo Wii for a bit, then we went out for lunch.

It was rather amusing at lunch time when the waiter arrived at my table and he turned out to be one of my students from 2009.  He said he was working for the holidays to earn some spending money.  The thing about knowing the waiter's personally is that you feel you HAVE to give them a good tip.

In the afternoon my friend and I watched The Princess and the Frog, and then Hoodwinked.

Nothing exceptional happened during Tuesday and Wednesday, but on Thursday I did a little shopping for the last of the Christmas presents.  I also bought a few more DVD’s for my collection: Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, A Christmas Carol, Overcome, The Karate Kid (with Jaden Smith) and Shrek: The Final Chapter.  I have a great fondness for movies, especially Disney movies.

William arrived back home on Friday afternoon.  We watched movies during the afternoon, then he took me out for supper, finally we came back home and watched another movie.  We watched The Karate Kid and Shrek: The Final Chapter.

Yesterday (Saturday), William and I did all the errands we needed to do… Got my spare tyre on the car fixed, bought a diesel cap for my car (William lost mine), stopped by at his grandparents, and went to the farmers market.  In the evening we went to watch a 3D movie at the movie theatre, we watched Megamind.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was the first movie William and I have ever seen in 3D.  My eyes felt funny afterwards, but I’m definitely going to watch another one at a later date.

Today we have been rather quiet, William is playing Starcraft on my computer and I am watching “Sense and Sensibility” while typing this.  I am about to make sandwiches for lunch.

Tomorrow we will be driving to my hometown to spend some time with my mother.  William didn’t want me to travel alone so he is coming with me.  We will spend Christmas with my mother and family.

That is all that has been happening in my life lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment