Recently I wrapped gifts for my work colleagues. I was feeling rather creative so I made an effort with the wrapping of these gifts. To do this you will need:
Red and/or green paper ribbon
Christmas tree ornaments (I used silver balls, gold bells, and little red presents)
- Simply wrap the present with the wrapping paper, using sticky tape to hold it together.
- Wrap the ribbon around the present and secure with a double knot, be generous with the amount of ribbon used, make sure you have at least 20cm (about 8 inches) of each end after tying the knot.
- Tie the ornaments around the bow over the knot using the string meant to hang them on the tree.
- Take the scissors and cut the ends of the ribbon down the middle so you now have 4 strips of ribbon.
- Hold the scissor blade against the rough side of the ribbon with your thumb.
- Pull the scissor blade along the ribbon. You should hear a “shredding” sound, and the ribbon will curl. Do this with all four strands.
- Attach the gift tag with sticky tape so that it is under the ribbon, but the name is still visible.