Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible Monday's: Psalm 48:14

"God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end." ~ Psalm 48:14

This afternoon, while thinking about what to write in this blog post, I opened a little box called "101 favourite Bible verses for women." I drew out a card and read the verse on it.  It was Psalm 48:14.  I still had no idea what to write about in this post.  So I started reading the Bible.  I decided I was going to read today's Bible reading and just continue with tomorrow's and the next day's and so on until God made something stand out to me.

I read 2 Samuel 3-4.  Then I went onto the next day's reading (which is actually Wednesday's reading because I am a bit ahead of schedule), it is Psalms 48-50.  After reading Psalm 48 it occurred to me how strange it was that I not only drew the above verse out of my little box, but it was also the next Psalm I was to read in the Bible.  This may be a coincidence, but it allowed me to really think about Psalm 48:14 again, especially the part "He will be our guide even to the end."

Lately I have had a lot on my mind and a heavy weight on my heart concerning a private matter, something which should only be discussed with close family and friends, so please forgive me for not disclosing it here.  What you need to know is that I have prayed for a certain miracle to happen in 2011, and when God grants my request, I'll definitely post disclosing all.

On Saturday, God guided me (very obviously) on the matter mentioned in the previous paragraph.  The matter is far from resolved, but I now know what I need to do during this upcoming year.

I want to encourage everyone reading this to share your troubles with God.  He will give you guidance.  Just like it is written:

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you.  He will not rebuke you for asking." ~ James 1:5

Just remember, once God gives you the wisdom you need to follow through on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment