This is great for both breakfast and supper! The recipe says it serves 4, and it would probably serve 4 people my size, or 4 children, but William’s 17 year old brother would most likely finish it all by himself.
- 25ml (25g) Margarine
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Half a green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 25ml cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50ml grated cheese
- Prepare all ingredients (chopping etc.) Beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- Heat margarine in a frying pan
- Add onion and green pepper and fry, stirring all the time with a spatula for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato and fry for another 2 minutes
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable mix in the pan. Cook until egg sets around the sides of the pan.
- Switch on the top element of the oven. Sprinkle grated cheese over egg mixture, place pan under the top element and cook till omelette is golden brown and cheese has melted. (Leave the door open and any plastic outside the oven.
- Divide the omelette and serve with warm toast.