Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sunday News: The Holidays (Part 1)

I had such a wonderful holiday with William.  We left for my hometown the Monday before Christmas.  My 2 budgies came with us in the car.  The trip was mostly uneventful.  Here are some pictures:
 

 The view out my window while we travelled.

 
William driving the car with my budgie (Leya) on his head.

We stayed over at my mother’s house for the night.  It was a 4 hour drive and we had only left at midday.  My mom spoilt me rotten by cooking for us.  Nothing is better than a mom-cooked meal.  The next day we were on the road again to visit William’s family at the coast.


 We stopped for tea and lunch at Buddaford farm stall.  It can be found 10km outside Fort Beauford on the road to Whittlesea.

William enjoying a nice cup of coffee.

The best toasted sandwich and salad in the world (or so I’m told)

Roosterkoek – The bread is baked on an open flame.  Served with Strawberry Jam and Cheese in this case.  It is one of my favourite light meals and I very seldom get to enjoy it.  It was delicious.

And this is where I shall close for today.  God is great and I am so grateful he allowed us a safe trip this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment