Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beautiful Kitchen & other

It’s been a gorgeous day so far, I woke up to a clean kitchen for the first time in months.  The reason is that I actually took the 15 minutes to wash up after making supper last night instead of leaving it until this morning.  I had forgotten what a joy it is to wake up to a clean counter ready for making my morning coffee.  I even had a cup of filter coffee today instead of instant coffee.

 

I’ve been recreating my daily routines list.  I am attempting to get my life back into order after being so sick (on and off) for the past 2 months.  I want to get organized again (even if it is marginally).  I also want to discover peace of heart and mind in my home.  To be a proper homemaker, and not somebody who ambles from one moment to the next. 

 

At the moment the washing machine is buzzing away with a load of laundry that I’ll hang up to dry when it is done.  The new townhouse has an outdoor washing line.  I’m so excited about moving there so I can hang my laundry outdoors! 31 days until moving day!

 

My coffee is almost finished and I am ready to start my day with a shower and getting ready for work. 

 

I have 5 things on my To Do List for today, they are:

~ Spend some time dusting the bookcase in the living room

~ Email copy of the deposit slip to owners of the townhouse

~ Get a new bank card

~ Send a work email

~ Fetch my scooter from William’s grandparents house.

 

I think I should be able to get those 5 things done.

 

Yesterday was a pleasant day.  I dressed up smart (all business-like), then William and I went to pay the deposit on the Townhouse at the bank.  Smooth sailing.  Since we were at the bank in the shopping mall we went to Wimpy for breakfast.  I just had White Hot Chocolate and a muffin, William had a full breakfast (Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast etc.) and coffee.

 

We took our time in the shopping mall.  I bought The Sims Medieval from CNA, and William bought a book called “Aquariums and Aquarium Fish” from Exclusive Books.

 

I took the day off work, and we came home.  I spent time playing my new The Sims game (I’m slightly disappointed, I was hoping that there would be more free-play), and William fiddled with my fish-tank, which is now his fish tank.  He wanted tropical fish, so I handed the tank over to him.

 

There is also a new budgie addition to my home.  She is bright blue and I have named her Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch).  I’ll put a photo up when I get one.

 

Now I must continue with my day. May God bless you as you have blessed others.

2 comments:

  1. I too woke up to a clean kitchen for the first time in ages! It's such a nice feeling, isn't it!? I didn't manage to clean up tonight's supper though...we had to rush off to our midweek Bible study. Oh well, it won't take long in the morning and hopefully I can keep it up most days.

    I've been eyeing The Sims Medieval...you'll have to let us know how you like it!

    You got a bigger cage for your birds and lo-and-behold they get a housemate! What fun! I definitely want to see! I should attempt to get photos of our two...

    Blessings be yours in abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it now for the 3rd day in a row. It truly is a small blessing.

    I was a little disappointed with The Sims Medieval. It has quests and such, so you are not given as much freedom as in the regular Sims. Some people will like it, I'm over it already and playing regular Sims 3 again.

    Thanks for the comment =)

    ReplyDelete