This is a really easy recipe and because it serves so few people it is easy to double or triple the recipe to serve as many as you need it to serve. I’ve been using this recipe for Macaroni and Cheese since I moved out of my parents house and I have never needed to try another one.
Serves 2 – 3 people my size.
- 250ml (1 cup) macaroni (uncooked)
- 1ml salt (1/5th teaspoon)
- 25ml Margarine (2 tablespoons)
- 25ml flour (2 tablespoons)
- 250ml Milk (1 cup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250ml grated cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Grease an ovenproof dish
- Cook macaroni in fast boiling, salt water until tender and drain in a colander (approx. 15 minutes).
- Place Margarine, flour, milk, salt and pepper into a microwavable container (a glass measuring jug works well) and cook for a minute on high. Stir and cook again. Repeat until the mixture is thick but still runny.
- Mix half the grated cheese into the milk mixture.
- Mix macaroni and cheese sauce, pour into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Place sliced tomato on top and sprinkle grated cheese over tomato.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Brown under the top element for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley.