Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sleepless Nights

I am sure we all go through nights when we simply cannot fall asleep.  I have moments like that myself.  More often than not I lie in bed for 15min to 1 hour before I eventually fall asleep, and it varies from night to night.

There is a verse in Psalms that David wrote to indicate he also had sleepless nights, and it tells us how he dealt with them.

On my bed I remember you;  I think of you through the watches of the night.

~ Psalm 63:6

I didn’t realise until recently that I do the same thing that David did when he couldn’t sleep.  I think about God.  I pray for people I know, I thank him for the blessings I have received during the day, I talk to him about my troubles and I meditate on his awesomeness.  Eventually I fall asleep, content, and more often than not I wake up refreshed in the morning.

This is a short post, but I urge you to remember God when you cannot sleep, just as David did.

No comments:

Post a Comment