Saturday, October 16, 2010

Living Sacrifice

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.”

~ Romans 12:1 (NIV)

 

As of the 30th of November my current job is coming to an end.  I have been offered a renewal of the contract from the 1st of February 2011, but for December and January I will have no income and no work.

 

Over the past few weeks I have been praying for God’s guidance on the direction he wants my life to take.  I have been praying that God will accept my life as a living sacrifice to Him and that He will show me the path that will best fill His goal for my life.  So far I have had a few feelings about God’s path for me.

 

I distinctly feel as though my time working under my current boss has come to an end.  I have no doubt in my mind regarding that.  I also feel that it is not time for me to become a full-time homemaker.  So that means I do need to begin looking for other work. 

 

I received an email a few days ago about a certain company in this city that is looking for new employees.  I fill all the requirements, therefore I am sending in my CV first thing on Monday morning.  I firmly believe that God will allow me to get that job if it is where he wants me to be.  I also firmly believe that God will prevent me from getting that job if I am not meant to get it.  So now the only thing to do is pray that God’s will shall be done.

 

I urge everyone reading this to give up your life to God’s will (if you haven’t yet) and allow him to lead you.  Offer your body as a living sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment