"She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls."
~ Proverbs 31:15
In context, this verse describes a "wife of noble character" (Proverbs 31:10). From time to time, I am going to post recipe's that I use regularly, or that I specifically like. So here is one of my favourites, and a favourite of all the people who have tasted it.
Makes About 9
- 250ml (1 cup) flour
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch of onion salt (or regular salt)
- 250ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg - fill up to 250ml (1 cup) with milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F) & grease patty pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cayenne and onion salt
- Add grated cheese
- Mix in egg and milk mixture and whisk. Pour equal amounts into the patty pans.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, till golden brown and set.
- Serve hot with margarine/butter