Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Where I'm coming from

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. ~ Matthew 22:37-38 (NIV)

Jesus wants so much more for us than leading the typical Christian life.  He wants to be our complete focus.  We may be stumbling along in the dark, but it is better to have Jesus leading us around obstacles than tripping over them all by ourselves.

 

There is a burning desire in my heart to centre my life around Jesus Christ.  I don't know where I am going, that is up to him, I only know where I am coming from.

 

I have been living a lukewarm Christian life.  Perhaps warmer than some, but not boiling with passion.  I accepted Jesus as my saviour when I was in my teens.  I was baptised in my early twenties.  However I have never lived a life filled by Jesus Christ.  I lived a life just like every other lukewarm Christian I know.

 

I’m filled with dirt.  I am sure that those who know me the best could write a novel on all my dirt.  Now I am seeing what I am through different eyes.  I am seeing it through the eyes of somebody who is further along her spiritual walk.  Some things God has been convicting me on, other things I ask you to please be patient with, I’m a work in progress.

 

This past weekend, on October 3rd, I decided that I am tired of being a lukewarm Christian.  I began to earnestly pray for Jesus to become the centre of my life.  This blog started off about me, but it is going to continue about Him.

 

Jesus wants so much more for us than leading the typical Christian life.  He wants to be our complete focus.  We may be stumbling along in the dark, but it is better to have Jesus leading us around obstacles than tripping over them all by ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment