Thursday, October 14, 2010

Making the day’s count

“My intercessor is my friend
as my eyes pour out tears to God;
on behalf of a man he pleads with God
as a man pleads for his friend.”
~ Job 16:20-21

This morning while reading my Bible (Job 15 to 16), these verses and another stood out for me.  Keeping it simple, the intercessor mentioned reminded me of Jesus Christ.  As our tears pour out to God, Jesus pleads with God on our behalf, just as a man would plead for a friend.

“Only a few years will pass
before I go on the journey of no return.”
~ Job 16:22

That was the second verse that stood out for me.  We do not have much time in this life.  That is evident by all the deaths this past year.  My father died of cancer on June 30th.  I have heard of many other people passing away this year.  My aunt and grandmother have been at their worst this year than any other time in my life.  So death is something I am familiar with.  I know that my days are numbered, my life is in God’s hands, I may die on the way to work today, or on my 100th birthday (just under 75 years from now).  I don’t know.  Either way, my days are numbered.  This verse allowed me to think of how short our time on earth is.  I do not know how long I have left, but I do need to make every day count and I would like them to count for God’s glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment