Makes: 20cm x 20cm x 1.5cm slab
- 375ml (1.5 cups) sugar
- 150ml (0.6 cups) evaporated milk
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 500ml (2 cups) marshmallows cut into smaller pieces
- 300g (roughly 3 slabs) dark chocolate
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- 1 bar Peppermint Crisp (broken or grated into pieces)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm (7.8 inch) tin with foil.
- Heat the sugar, evaporated milk and butter together in a saucepan / pot
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for four to five minutes then remove from the heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate and vanilla essence until melted.
- Pour into the lined tin and sprinkle the peppermint crisp over the top.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove from tin and peel off the foil.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into blocks of the desired size.