Tiana doesn’t come from the distant past or a fantasy land like most of the Disney Princesses, but rather a land sparked in the music and mystery 1920 New Orleans. Perhaps this allows her to relate to the modern generation of women a little better than the other princesses. So what character traits can we learn from her?
- Disciplined – Tiana is extremely disciplined and focused on accomplishing her dreams and goals. She works 2 jobs so that she can save up enough to buy her restaurant, and in both jobs she is not the sort of woman who would ever be late for work, getting up early in the morning and going to bed late at night.
- Hard-working – this is a common trait among the Disney Princesses and Tiana shares this one with Cinderella and Snow White. You won’t catch Tiana relaxing on the sofa when there is still work to be done.
- Self-reliant – this is a trait Tiana shares with Mulan. They rely on themselves to get things done and don’t expect hand-outs. Tiana does have a little more difficulty accepting help from other people than Mulan does though.
- Self-motivated – she has the ability to motivate herself to get stuff done, she doesn’t need somebody nagging over her shoulder.
- Hospitable – this is most noticeable in the young Tiana at the beginning of the movie in the scene where she is so excited to see her Daddy and then invites everyone in the neighbourhood to come and eat with them on their front porch. It can also be seen in the restaurant where she works in the way she handles the customers. However as she grew up she seemed to get distracted by her dream and forget what was really important and it wasn’t until the end of the movie that she remembered.