This recipe is great for breakfast or a teatime treat. It makes about 9-12 depending on the size of your muffin pan.
- 175ml whole-wheat flour
- 175ml cake flour
- 150ml rolled oats
- 10ml baking powder
- 1ml cinnamon or mixed spice
- 2ml salt
- 1 egg
- 175ml milk
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 60ml margarine
- 50ml Honey
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Combine whole-wheat flour, cake flour, rolled oats, baking powder, spice and salt in a bowl, stir to mix.
- Beat egg in a bowl, stir in milk, banana, melted margarine and honey.
- Pour all at once into flour mixture, stir just until evenly moist. Do NOT over mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin-pans, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Loosen muffins around edges of cups with a knife, turn onto a wire rack. Serve hot and spread with Margarine.