Last night I had some of my friends, Hannes, Maryann (who has been my best friend since Grade 4), Stéfan, Annalene and of course Mark over for Dinner. The meal was as follows:
Starter: Crumbed Mushrooms
Main: Chicken and Pumpkin Curry
Dessert: Apricot Cinnamon Cake
Over the next three days I’ll be giving you a recipe a day, as well as a photograph taken during the course of the evening.
So here is the first recipe and it is the dessert, Apricot Cinnamon Cake.
- 250ml flour (1 cup)
- 5ml baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- 125ml castor sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150ml Margarine, melted (bit more than 1/2 a cup)
- 1 can apricot halves, drained
- 5ml ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Apricot jam to glaze
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF)
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin (7.8inch – just find the closes size doesn’t need to be exact)
- Sift together flour and baking powder then add sugar
- Add eggs and melted Rama to dry ingredients and beat well
- Pour into cake tin
- Place apricots, cut side up, on top of the mixture
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Glaze with warm jam.