Sunday, June 24, 2012

Recipe: Apricot Cinnamon Cake

P1000003
Last night I had some of my friends, Hannes, Maryann (who has been my best friend since Grade 4), Stéfan, Annalene and of course Mark over for Dinner.  The meal was as follows:
Starter: Crumbed Mushrooms
Main: Chicken and Pumpkin Curry
Dessert: Apricot Cinnamon Cake
Over the next three days I’ll be giving you a recipe a day, as well as a photograph taken during the course of the evening.
So here is the first recipe and it is the dessert, Apricot Cinnamon Cake.
Ingredients:
  • 250ml flour (1 cup)
  • 5ml baking powder (1 teaspoon)
  • 125ml castor sugar (1/2 cup)
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 150ml Margarine, melted (bit more than 1/2 a cup)
  • 1 can apricot halves, drained
  • 5ml ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
  • Apricot jam to glaze
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF)
  2. Grease a 20cm round cake tin (7.8inch – just find the closes size doesn’t need to be exact)
  3. Sift together flour and baking powder then add sugar
  4. Add eggs and melted Rama to dry ingredients and beat well
  5. Pour into cake tin
  6. Place apricots, cut side up, on top of the mixture
  7. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon
  8. Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Glaze with warm jam.
And as I promised, here is a photograph from the evening, my best friend since Grade 4, Maryann, and her boyfriend Hannes.
P1000011

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Can you tell me what Rama is? Cheers, Kaye from Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, I'll edit the post... Rama is a brand of Margarine.
      Ashleigh

      Delete