Wednesday, June 27, 2012

God whisper

It’s 6:12am here in South Africa, as I start typing my blog post.  My alarm clock played a horrible trick on me and I am just thankful that it didn’t result in me being late for work.
You see, what happened is I left my cell-phone in the study to charge last night.  I only have one technological device in my bedroom and that is my alarm clock.  During the night (I’m guessing around 4am) I reached over to look at the time.  I bumped the clock onto the floor.  When I picked it up it said 2:01am.  I went back to sleep.  I woke up a second time, looked at the clock and it said 3:55am, so I was about to go back to sleep, but I kept getting the little voice to check my cell-phone.
At first I thought, well it can wait until my alarm goes off at 4:30am.  Then something made me check my alarms time.  I believe it was a God whisper that made me check it.  I saw that the alarm was set to go off at 2am!  Now that wasn’t right!
I got out of bed.  It was still dark outside so I at least knew I couldn’t be late for work.  The sun is just coming up when I leave for work in the morning.
Looking at my cell-phone I saw the time was 6:05am.  Perfect amount of time to have a cup of coffee and dress for work before I leave at 7am.
So where am I going with this story?  Well, I want to talk about God whispers.  I’m sure that everyone gets a gut feeling from time to time…
Don’t go down that road, take the next one.  Check your cell-phone.  Phone your daughter and tell her you love her.  Have you remembered to turn off the stove?
Have you also noticed that when it happens you are usually in a quite place?  Your soul is a little calmer than normal even if you are not having actual quite time.
Well, I believe that is God telling you those things, and it is worth listening.
It reminds me of Psalm 55:22 which reads:
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Last night I handed my cares over to God.  I got a great nights sleep and this morning God woke me up on time.  I won’t overstep the boundary and expect him to wake me up every morning without an alarm clock, but to do it on the one day my alarm failed me is noteworthy.
Listen out for the God whispers coming to you.
Readers:  How has God whispered to you in the past?  I want to hear your stories!  Post them in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment