Monday, July 23, 2012

In my day… 24 July 2012

It’s 6:17am,  I’ve been awake since about 4am I think.  I was awake before my alarm went off this morning (4:30am).

I’ve been reading Luke 16 this morning.  Verses that stood out for me:

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

It reminds me of the blog post I made a while ago called What are you living for?

People will either serve God or another master.  The master can be anything, it doesn’t have to be money.  It can be a career, status, power, wealth or numerous other things.

Last night I started reading a certain book.  It described how when a person is confident and stands up for themselves then they earn the respect of others.  To me that is in complete contradiction to the Bible.  The meek shall inherit the earth.  God calls us to be humble, to turn the other cheek, to seek his love and respect above earthly respect and to serve one another.

Personally, I would rather have God on my side than man on my side.

Now it is 6:30am.  Time to put the keyboard away and get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment