Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Holiday (part 4)

The final part of my holiday was the trip back to Bloemfontein from Queenstown.  We drove over Penhoek Pass which was covered with snow, even at midday 2 days after the snow happened!

Here are the photographs:

Mark, at a stop point on top of Penhoek Pass.

Mark Letley - At a stop point on top of Penhoek Pass, Eastern Cape

The stop point on top of Penhoek Pass (scenery)

At a stop point on top of Penhoek Pass, Eastern Cape

Driving up Penhoek Pass, the view.

Driving up Penhoek Pass, Eastern Cape

We got back to Bloemfontein safely after 4pm on Monday.  Mark’s brother, Michael, was good enough to help us offload the furniture I brought back with me (photographs to come after I have arranged it in my house).  Mark and I then rushed to get the trailer back to the rental place before 5pm, only to find out it was open 24 hours and we had until the next day 10:45am to return the trailer.

I had supper with Mark’s parents (his mom is a brilliant cook), showing them the photographs of the trip, and telling them about the trip. 

And that was my holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment