Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 3: Exercise Regularly

I have a new challenge for you this week.  I want you to develop an exercise routine that will suit you.

You see a Queen or Princess doesn’t have all that excess flab, they are not lazy because they are royalty, they look after themselves.  Kate (who married Prince William) played field hockey (among other sports).  Even doing some stretches and walking on the spot for 5 minutes is better than nothing.  My grandmother has a very simple morning exercise routine and she climbed a mountain at 87! Granted, it was a small mountain, more of a large hill really, but she still did it!

Now, I admit, that I have never been one for jogging or any form of exercise really.  I enjoy walking, but I dislike walking while it is still cold and dark.  I enjoy Wii Fit, but I keep putting off doing it.

I am taking a challenge however.  I am joining Shape Magazine’s challenge to train to run 10km in 12 weeks.  Wow – this is going to be a big one for me, especially since running is the sport I have enjoyed the least in my lifetime.

My dad was a jogger though, he finished the Comrades Marathon and the Two Ocean’s Marathon 6 times each!

While I have no intention of doing any marathons yet, I’m definitely going to try to start jogging.  Especially since we are heading into summer here in South Africa.

So here is my challenge to you.  Find an exercise routine that works for you in this next week, then I want you to do it at least 3 times a week.

If you want to join me on the Shape Challenge here is the link to the challenge website: 

Shape 10km in 12 weeks challenge

You don’t have to do this one, but let’s do something.  Remember, treat yourself like a Queen and the world will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment