All my recipes can be found In Ashleigh’s Kitchen.
- 4 eggs
- 250ml sugar (1 cup)
- 375ml cake flower (1 & a half cups)
- 50ml cocoa powder (2 heaped tablespoons)
- 15ml baking powder (3 teaspoons)
- 2ml salt (half a teaspoon)
- 125ml boiling water (half cup)
- 125ml cooking oil (half cup)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients and gently fold into mixture, with water and oil.
- Turn into two lined, greased 20cm cake tims and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Leave for 5-10 minutes in tins before turning out onto a wire rack to continue cooling
- 125g margarine (half cup)
- 375ml icing sugar (1 & a half cups)
- 30ml cocoa powder (2 tablespoons - not heaped)
- 5ml vanilla essence (1 teaspoon)
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Decorate the cake. I also used caramel and peppermint crisp (hand grated) to decorate.