Tuesday, July 17, 2012

News: My Holiday (part 3)

Queenstown

Sunday morning I woke up late.  After all the travelling, I decided to sleep as long as possible.  I got out of bed after my mom got home from church.  She called Mark and myself to look outside at the mountain.  This is what we saw from the community balcony at the block of flats where my mother lives:

Snow in Queenstown, Eastern Cape 2012

WOW is all I can say.  The photograph doesn’t do it justice.  This image has not been edited in any way.

We had dinner with my mother, then went out on the Sterkstroom road looking for snow.  My dad always said that if the mountain in the picture above has snow, then we will come across snow on the Sterkstroom road.

Our Sunday dinner (mom did a great job!)

Sunday Dinner, prepared by Janet Langhein

Pictures of the snow (from the car window)

Eastern Cape Snow 2012, Road from Queenstown to Sterkstroom 1Eastern Cape Snow 2012, Road from Queenstown to Sterkstroom 7Eastern Cape Snow 2012, Road from Queenstown to Sterkstroom 12

Pictures of Mark and myself in the snow at a stop point along the road

Mark Letley & Eastern Cape Snow 2012, Road from Queenstown to Sterkstroom

Ashleigh Langhein and Mark Letley, Eastern Cape Snow 2012, Road from Queenstown to Sterkstroom

We quickly hurried home because my mom had to go to work.  She works at Queenstown Girls High School and the hostel girls were coming back to school from Winter break, so she had to be there to help out.

The early evening I spent visiting my Uncle, Aunt and Cousin.  And the late evening I did a bit more research on my ancestors (Carsten Langhein and descendants).

The last day of my trip you will get tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment