Monday, July 2, 2012

Recipe: Mashed Potato and Chicken Casserole

P1000022Check out my Recipe's Only blog In Ashleigh's Kitchen for all my published recipe's.

I got the following recipe from a Yahoo Group called Frugal Friends in the Kitchen, one of the members posted it there.  She got it from a lady in another group called Mary's Recipe Exchange.  We have no idea where this recipe originated, but here I am sharing it with you. 
I did make a few tweaks to the original recipe though…

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (My Tweak, I cooked 2 chicken fillets, cubed, in a frying pan)
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup (My Tweak, I made 1 packet of mushroom soup powder, making it as the instructions on the packet directed)
1 10 oz. package frozen baby carrots (My Tweak, I used 4 medium/large fresh carrots)
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups prepared, instant mashed potatoes (My Tweak, I made homemade Mashed potato from real potatoes … 4 medium sized potatoes work well)
Salt, pepper and parsley to taste

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
  2. In a large pot, combine chicken and soup.
  3. Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
  4. Add carrots, peas, parsley, salt and pepper.
  5. Heat thoroughly for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
  6. Spoon mixture into a casserole dish.
  7. Evenly top with cheddar cheese and spoon mashed potatoes on top.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned.
Serves 4
Approx. 1h to make

No comments:

Post a Comment