I got the following recipe from a Yahoo Group called Frugal Friends in the Kitchen, one of the members posted it there. She got it from a lady in another group called Mary's Recipe Exchange. We have no idea where this recipe originated, but here I am sharing it with you.
I did make a few tweaks to the original recipe though…
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (My Tweak, I cooked 2 chicken fillets, cubed, in a frying pan)
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup (My Tweak, I made 1 packet of mushroom soup powder, making it as the instructions on the packet directed)
1 10 oz. package frozen baby carrots (My Tweak, I used 4 medium/large fresh carrots)
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups prepared, instant mashed potatoes (My Tweak, I made homemade Mashed potato from real potatoes … 4 medium sized potatoes work well)
Salt, pepper and parsley to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large pot, combine chicken and soup.
- Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon mixture into a casserole dish.
- Evenly top with cheddar cheese and spoon mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned.
Approx. 1h to make