Sunday, July 1, 2012

Planting a garden

On Sunday, 1 July, Mark helped me dig up the horrible plants that were growing in front on my spare bedroom window (the place that is my toy room).  They were some sort of succulent plant, but to the best of my knowledge they have no purpose in a garden other than beauty, and I don’t think them beautiful at all.

We dug up the whole area and prepared the soil for something more worthwhile… peas!  I love peas especially when they are fresh out the pods, so juicy and sweet.  The peas have already been planted, and we will put up something for them to climb once they sprout.

Here is the picture of the bed we prepared for them. 

P1000026

There is only 1 row of peas planted, but I cannot wait until I can enjoy the delicious taste in my mouth.  I am not growing them for subsistence farming reasons, but more like a treat in my mouth come October.

I also planted some Marigold, Coriander and Rosemary seeds yesterday.  I haven’t planted too many since I only had 3 egg containers to hold the seeds, but as I have more containers I’ll plant more seeds.  Thy are sitting on the outskirts of my Lego city right now.

P1000029

No comments:

Post a Comment